[Licenses] Why are list archives no longer public?

Francesco Poli invernomuto at paranoici.org
Wed Sep 28 21:50:06 GMT 2016

Hello all,
I noticed that this mailing list has been recently migrated to a new
domain and new list name, without any official announcement (at least,
without an in-list announcement).

More importantly, I noticed that the list web archives are now private,
rather than publicly readable like the archives for the old incarnation
of the list.

Why are the list web archives kept private?

I think they are much less useful, since the URL for a specific archived
message can no longer be used as a reference, when talking about a given
topic with people who are not subscribed to this list.

I would like to see the list archives go public again.
Could this be done, please?

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/
 There's not a second to spare! To the laboratory!