[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #51

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jul 13 21:43:43 UTC 2018

Hi friends 👋🏾

Our network continues to grow week by week with new chapter activations and
more scheduled meetings.

Quick overview of where we stand:

*11 chapters have had meetings and elected the GNC Rep and the Chapter
Lead: 1. CC Australia (Asia Pacific)1. Representative to the Global Network
Council: Jessica Stevens2. Chapter Lead: Nicolas Suzor2. CC Rwanda
(Africa)1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Evode Mukama2.
Chapter Lead: Evode Mukama3. CC Ecuador (Latin America)1. Representative to
the Global Network Council: Andrés Delgado-Ron2. Chapter Lead: Sara
Bolaños4. CC Bangladesh (Asia Pacific)1. Representative to the Global
Network Council: Prof. Mostafa Azad Kamal2. Chapter Lead: Nasir Khan5. CC
Bulgaria (Europe)1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Siyana
Lillova2. Chapter Lead: Ana Lazarova6. CC United Kingdom (Europe)1.
Representative to the Global Network Council: Graham Steel2. Chapter Lead:
Kelly Foster7. CC Uruguay (Latin America)1. Representative to the Global
Network Council: Jorge Gemetto2. Chapter Lead: Patricia Díaz8. CC Taiwan
(Asia Pacific)1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Rock Hung2.
Chapter Lead: Lucien Lin9. CC Mexico (Latin America)1. Representative to
the Global Network Council: Irene Soria Guzmán2. Chapter Lead: Iván
Martínez (Former Wikimedia Mexico President)10. CC El Salvador (Latin
America)1. Representative to the Global Network Council: Evelyn del Pinal2.
Chapter Lead: Claudia Cristiani11. CC Tanzania (Africa)1. Representative to
the Global Network Council: Emmanuel Malongo2. Chapter Lead: Aristarik
MaroFour Chapters have scheduled meetings as follows: 1. Jordan – July
11th, 20182. Ghana – July 28th, 20183. Hong Kong – August 31st, 20184.
Netherlands – September 14th, 2018Many have asked me "what next after the
first chapter meeting?" I'll highlight what organized chapters are looking
to do in next weeks' email.Turning to Network Platforms
<https://github.com/creativecommons/network-platforms>, I suggest you check
in with them one more time this week as there's some activity in most them:
The Community Development Platform had a call this past week
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RWIo1Q8qTgWfEEnEEA8INqI_xHDlAPcse7676oqRBi4/edit#>
to discuss the platform proposal and project ideas like the CC Handbook;
the Copyright Reform platform is hosting a call soon - fill out this doodle
poll to join in <https://doodle.com/poll/hh528emr5yzyxyvn>. Scann has been
talking to friends at the Open Knowledge Foundation and Wikimedia
Foundation about reviving the Twitter @Openglam
<https://twitter.com/openglam> account. I'm certain we'll have news from
the CC Culture Platform in the near future.Don't know where to start with
Network Platforms? 1. Read this
<https://github.com/creativecommons/network-platforms>. 2. Hit the reply
button and ask me. I'll be happy to catch you up.*

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl