[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #16

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jul 28 21:10:51 GMT 2017

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

What are you doing to prepare for the transition to the new Global Network
Strategy
<https://creativecommons.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/GlobalNetworkStrategy-Final.pdf>
?

This week I had calls with a few CC members and I learnt of a number of
activities that CC Chapters around the world are engaging in as we
transition into the new strategy. I thought I should share a few of these
with you:

1. *Tons of recruiting going on*: Many individuals and teams have began
reaching out to community leaders, stakeholders, local organizations
aligned with CC's mission etc and they're inviting them to join their
country chapter. Hi 5 to everyone doing this.

2. *Chapter meetings*: a number of teams have organized in person and
virtual meetings for their members and they're discussing local plans and
governance in light of the new Global Network strategy.

3. *Local Platforms?*: This week I came across an interesting idea. One
chapter is toying with the idea of having local versions of CC Network
Platforms <https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Platforms>.

What are you or your chapter doing during this transition phase? I'd like
to know! :)

'Til next Friday y'all!

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl