[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #52

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Aug 3 11:19:39 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏾

One of the goals of the Network Strategy was to put the health and growth
of the network firmly in the hands of the community. How? Through the
Global Network Council.

Ryan announced last month that the first meeting of the Global Network
Council will take place in late September or early October. Read more about
that here
<https://creativecommons.org/2018/07/26/flipping-the-switch-on-a-revitalized-cc-network/>
.

*****

How are we doing with chapters? So far we officially have 17 chapters. See
them all here <https://network.creativecommons.org/chapters/>. The schedule
of upcoming first chapter meetings:

Nigeria – August 11th, 2018
Ethiopia – August 18th, 2018
Hong Kong – August 31st, 2018
India – September 1st, 2018
Netherlands – September 14th, 2018

No chapter exists in your country? Learn how you can set one up here
<https://github.com/creativecommons/global-network-strategy/blob/master/docs/Guide_for_creating_a_chapter.md#first-chapter-meeting-toolkit>
.

Do you need any other inquiry or help with reagrds to the CC Global
Network? Send an email to network at creativecommons.org - we'll be happy to
assist.

*****

CC Network Platforms <https://github.com/creativecommons/network-platforms>
have been active recently:

1. *CC Community Development Platform* had a call last month. Plug in by
reviewing the call notes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bbXsSLC5Ls-O_ziZ0jfWTWk39ZGjhCG6mGVuPQp3rkA/edit>
and working document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RWIo1Q8qTgWfEEnEEA8INqI_xHDlAPcse7676oqRBi4/edit#>
.
2. *CC Copyright Reform Platform* had a call as well. See call notes here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sy3UPNgJQamFKPswQe_CqVpLrmcH3BTkC61AyMolSo0/edit>
(especially
the section about projects)
3. *CC Open Education Platform *is hosting a call soon. If you haven't
already, please fill out this Doodle poll today
<https://doodle.com/poll/swvgchm8v34xcnw8> to indicate your time preference
for the call.
4. *CC Culture Platform* is wrangling all artists, writers, musicians,
designers, filmmakers, or anyone else using CC licensing for their creative
work to join a call on Tuesday/Wednesday next week: Call 1 time
<http://arewemeetingyet.com/Auckland/2018-08-08/07:00/CC-Create-Platform-Discussion-01>
or Call 2 time
<http://arewemeetingyet.com/Auckland/2018-08-08/20:00/CC-Create-Platform-Discussion-02>.
Video call will be hosted here <https://meet.jit.si/cc-create>. Feel free
to contribute to the platform working document here
<https://github.com/creativecommons/network-platforms/blob/master/Culture.md>
.

*****

Tons of ways to engage! Go! Go! Go!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl