[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #49

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jun 22 10:42:37 UTC 2018

Happy Friday friends! 👋🏾

I reached out to a few countries this week inviting them to formally
organize themselves into chapters
<https://github.com/creativecommons/global-network-strategy/blob/master/docs/Guide_for_creating_a_chapter.md>.
Many are doing so and below is a list of countries that will be hosting the
first Chapter meeting very soon:

   - *Bangladesh*: 23rd June 2018, 3 pm at Plaza AR, Sobhanbag (near
   sobhanbag mosque), Dhanmondi, Dhaka.
   - *Ghana*: 28th July 2018
   - *Taiwan*: 30th June 2018
   - *United Kingdom*: 30th June 2018, 1 pm

Many other countries are hosting informal meetups/consultations soon to
discuss the formal chapter organization process in their countries. They
are:

   - Bulgaria
   - Kenya
   - Chile
   - Jordan
   - Nepal
   - Egypt
   - Tanzania
   - India
   - Nigeria
   - Argentina

Are you aware of plans to form a CC Chapter in your country? If not, please
reach out to me and I'll put you in touch with local organizing teams.

2 Chapters have so far had their first meeting and elected their officials
(Hooray!) They are as follows:

   - *CC Australia*
   - *Public Lead*: Nicolas Suzor
      - *Representative to the Global Network Council*: Jessica Stevens
   - *CC Ecuador*
      - *Public Lead: *Sara Bolaños
      - *Representative to the Global Network Council: *Andrés Delgado-Ron

Congratulations to these teams!

Many more chapters need to be set up! Game on good people of the commons!

'Til next Friday!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl