[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #45

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri May 4 16:10:21 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏾

Many people in our network - staff and members alike - are down with the
flu or some version of it) this week. Rest up and take care good care of
yourselves friends. Health is important!

I've been amazed by community members who see gaps or opportunities and
voluntarily worked on them. Here are a few from this past week:

   - Andres from CC Ecuador voluntarily translated the Chapter Guidelines
   documentation into Spanish
   <https://github.com/jorgeandr3s/global-network-strategy/blob/d13f58240ad732479a38910b21235fc5b7e80a77/docs/chapter-guidelines-es.md>!
   (Thank you good sir!)
   - Syam Kumar from CC India (Kerala) noticed that some pages on
   network.creativecommons.org didn't have favicons, so he went ahead
and updated
   them <https://github.com/creativecommons/commoners/pull/218>.
   - Faith Amatika from CC Kenya noticed the organization she works for,
   the Kenya Copyright Board, doesn't mention CC in their frequent outreach
   initiatives. She fixed that
   <https://twitter.com/KenyaCopyright/status/991590993647587328> with more
   to come.
   - Sam Muirhead, from CC Aotearoa New Zealand, took a first stab at
   establishing a CC Culture Platform for creators. Also, he invites you
   contribute. Do so here: https://hackmd.io/s/rJICRIBTG#

I'm certain there's more amazing CC initiatives, projects or tasks that
you're working on. Please share them with me so that I can share them with
the rest of the Global Network!

'Til next Friday, y'all!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl