[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #43

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Apr 20 18:21:23 UTC 2018

Hi friends 👋🏾

I met 32 of you in person at the Summit last weekend and we (mostly) spoke
about the development of chapters.

I noticed a most interesting thing - some people told me they would love to
participate in their chapters but are reluctant to lead or organize them.

Based on the conversations, I've gathered that some of our longstanding
community members still support our work and movement but because of career
growth, added responsibilities and generally speaking, 'life', not many are
able to volunteer as much time or their full attention and energy. I don't
necessarily think this is a bad thing. It is awesome to see so many people
grow and develop themselves.

On the flip side, we've got so many new people coming in and already
shaping our movement with new ideas and energy. (This really energizes me!)
Most are happy to play significant roles to advance the movement.

I have a simple definition of leadership: point a direction and influence
people down that path.

What direction are you pointing for your chapter and how are you
influencing people to follow you down that path?

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl