[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #41

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Mar 23 12:17:55 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏾

This week I spoke to CC Bangladesh. Their chapter has about 10 active
participants and over 200 people in their extended community.

Their priorities at the moment centre around supporting the government
launch the Open Data portal. I found it interesting that one of the reasons
they're looking to organize as a chapter is to provide some structure
through which they can engage the government.

Many chapters, like Bangladesh, are actively organizing to meet their
objectives. I'm curious to learn how these objectives shape your chapters.
I hope to share my learnings with you all and develop some best practices.

*****

I had a quick chat with Sebastiaan ter Burg about the CC Community Videos
<https://vimeo.com/album/4889402> (go watch them if you haven't already).
The video has already been translated into 18 languages. We'd like to
translate it into more languages. Our goal goal is to be able to claim that
80% of the people on earth can understand the video because there is a
version in their language.

Our target languages are: Mandarin, Hindi, German, Russian and Swahili. Do
you speak any of these languages or would you like to translate your own
language? Simple: Go to this spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mp28NC-92wJqLpwQRY3aAU5tuVTELeLkPTzTXBQdkWE/edit#gid=0>,
add
another column for your language and start translating. All you need to
translate are 10 strings. That's it! :)

I'll reach out to some of you to help with a few languages over the next
few days.

*****
Have you shared your feedback on the new Chapter Website Wireframes
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1TlQw5Qnhn3EffzgRcSrAu3O-rg9mMSQ3>?
Send us your thoughts here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHo53ijiswLqzydGfs65agTr8SLgOIGYJg7Kx6YIE1tL9dAQ/viewform>
before
6th April 2018.

'Til next Friday y'all!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl