[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #39

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Mar 9 19:02:54 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏾

In the first half of last year I spoke to all known affiliates asking them
what their main challenges were and we worked with many of you to resolve
them and put your CC communities on the right path.

I'm planning to reach out to all Chapters again this year and I'm keen to
understand the important priorities for CC Chapters and why. I think this
is important because I realize, for example, that Open Data and Open Govt.
initiatives in some parts of the Asia Pacific Region are very important and
many of our CC members in that region are working hard to realize CC goals
in this field. I consider it my job to figure out how to support these
initiatives but also to explain the importance of these activities to
others in the Global Network who may not consider their priority.

It's still early to reach out to chapters as many of them are still
organizing themselves but I wanted to put this thought out there with a
view to hear your feedback if you have any.

*****

At the Summit, George Popescu and a few other people are having a session
to think through the possibilities of a *"Translation Working Group"*. The
goal of this session is to start a conversation about how to boost and
support efforts to build the commons in other languages different from
English and make them more accessible.

They're looking for some information prior to this Summit session. Help
them out by filling in this survey: https://bit.ly/cc-pre-summit-survey

'Til Next Friday!

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl