[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #37

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Feb 9 17:33:42 UTC 2018

Hi friends 👋🏽

So we invited you to sign up for the CC Global Network
<http://network.creativecommons.org>. Many you have and continue to.

Soohyun and I started wondering how to 'welcome' new members who join the
Network. We have a few ideas that we'd like to share with you:

   1. Send new members a CC/Badge or lapel pin - this could happen at the
   Chapter level
   2. Invite them to subscribe to curated CC Twitter lists
   <https://twitter.com/creativecommons/lists> so that new members can
   connect with others.
   3. Monthly blog featuring new Chapters and members
   4. 'Newest Members' feature on the Network Website
   <http://network.creativecommons.org> Home page.
   5. CC Global Network Calendar - either a Google Calendar you can
   subscribe to or an events calendar on the Network Website where people can
   post and see upcoming CC events and around the world.
   6. Personal introductions and connections - we've done this for some
   time now. Our idea is to create some sort of a filter feature for the
   members page on the Network website where one can connect with others based
   on interests, or location.

We've discussed these ideas in detail but we'd like your opinion. How would
you like to welcome new members to our Global Network?

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl