[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #35

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jan 26 13:59:10 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏽

Last week we opened registration to join the CC Network
<http://network.creativecommons.org>. I'm curious to hear from you: how was
the experience signing up? We had a few people email us with a few issues
but nothing major.

*****

This week we also sent out scholarship offers to a number of you who
applied. I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you in person at the
upcoming CC Global Summit <https://summit.creativecommons.org/>.

*****

I spoke with the CC Argentina team this week about their recent activities
and their plans for the future. Like many Chapters around the world,
they're trying to figure out how to structure themselves and take advantage
of the Network infrastructure to better achieve their goals and projects.
This conversation (and many others like it) prompted me to submit a session
for the Summit aimed at helping people understand the Network
Infrastructure and how to develop their chapters.

I also submitted a number of sessions for the summit this week (I hope you
got yours in before the deadline):

   - *CC Newbies Breakfast* - a very fun opportunity for newbies to make
   connections and learn more about CC and how to navigate the Summit
   - *Community Development Platform Session* - To develop
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KaqPonAvmtocxV27qqbQ7YEBBDWr-VVOodHW3f98eSU/edit?usp=sharing>
   the Community Development Platform
   - *Community Activities Fund: It's Impact and it's Future* - Hear from
   grantees and an opportunity to shape the future of the fund
   - *CC Chapter Governance and Community Building* - this is what I was
   referring to up there 👆🏽
- *Dear Network Manager…* - Basically, tell me how I'm doing and how I can
   better support the Network

I don't intend to run these sessions on my own. If you're interested in
tagging along, please let me know. A few reached out about the Newbies
Breakfast and I'll be contacting you next week to share ideas and build out
the session.

Anyone submit any interesting sessions they need help with? Happy to make
connections if you're looking to collaborate.

'Til next Friday y'all!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl