[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #34

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jan 19 18:55:59 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏽

A little CC history:

On October 14th, 2015, somewhere in Seoul, South Korea, a number of CC
affiliates huddled in a room to discuss the state of the CC Global Network
and set in motion a 2 year process to revamp the Global Network.

We've gone through a few milestones in this process including the launch of
the Faces of the Commons Report
<https://creativecommons.org/about/global-affiliate-network/faces-commons-research/>
led by Anna Mazgal, the launch of Network Platforms
<https://creativecommons.org/about/global-affiliate-network/network-platforms/>
and
Community Activities Fund
<https://creativecommons.org/2017/06/13/community-activities-fund/> and the
launch of the Global Network Strategy
<https://creativecommons.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/GlobalNetworkStrategy-Final.pdf>
.

This week, we reached another very important milestone.

On Wednesday 17th January, 2018, CC launched the new Global Network and
invited you to register to become a verified member. You can do so by
signing up here: https://network.creativecommons.org/. Institutions and
individuals alike can sign up to join the Network.

Need help with this process? Send an email to
network-support at creativecommons.org or file an issue on Github
<https://github.com/creativecommons/commoners/issues>.

Exciting times ahead!

'Til next Friday y'all!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl