[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #33

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jan 12 12:19:06 UTC 2018

Hi friends! 👋🏽

I spent some time snooping around your chapter mailing lists and social
media and dug up a number of interesting things like CC Taiwan's Chapter
Transition Website <https://ocftw.github.io/tw.creativecommons.org/> and
the traditional Chinese translation of the Global Network Strategy
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fYUE9TXqkhL5FjMVIPEBUXVTGoLjXUR10VRxyORKWZ4/edit#heading=h.kqezkuvb2kml>
which was voluntarily done by the CC Taiwanese Community. Many thanks to
them for their great efforts!

Last week I asked for collaborators and ideas for sessions to submit for
the Call for Proposals <https://summit.creativecommons.org/proposals/> for
the upcoming summit. Thanks to all those who volunteered and submitted
ideas.

At the last Summit, I spent at least half my time in face to face meetings
with affiliates learning about their priorities and challenges and working
to resolve them.

Based on recent conversations with some of you and after reviewing the
Summit Program Committee's notes, it seems to me you want 3 things:

   - How do we organize? With reference to Community Governance &
   Infrastructure
   - How do we participate and create a sense of belonging?
   - What are our collective goals and how do we meet them?

With your help, I'd like to submit session ideas around these 3 question
(of course, before the *23rd January deadline*). Do you have any ideas that
we can collaborate on? Let me know and we can jointly submit a proposal.

That said, I'm looking for collaborators for a "*CC Newbies Breakfast
Session*". I'm keen on interesting ways to welcome new attendees to the
summit and the community for this session. Help me out with this?

Til' next Friday y'all!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl