[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #31

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Dec 8 20:27:12 UTC 2017

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

This year, the Global Summit accorded me the opportunity to meet with
members of our movement in person which helped me develop relationships
that kicked of interesting projects or resulted in efforts to organize new
chapters where they didn't exist.

At this year's summit, I met Mohamed Rahmo from Morocco who shared with me
his #CCCC: Creative Commons Content Creation
<http://www.therollingnotes.com/2017/11/27/cccc-creative-commons-content-creation/>
project which he's since developed and continues to implement.

I also met Roshan Karn, who was interested in setting up a Chapter in
Nepal. I've worked with Roshan throughout the year to help him with his
vision and work to set up CC Nepal. They had a consultative meeting last
weekend and are working towards setting up the Chapter.

One last example: just before the 2017 Summit, I worked with Ilkay Holt and
the CC Turkiye team to wrap up the Turkish 4.0 translation among other
things. It was a joy to meet with her in person at the summit!

I'm very excited about the people who attend the summit's and very eager to
discuss and help with their ideas, projects and visions for the CC
Community.

I would like to meet you at the summit.

We invite you to apply for a Summit Scholarship  to help offset some of the
cost of attending Global Summit. Please apply here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8RezoQIiPzMlb5X2FlqxLvr0-D9XQAqvhf5Ecv7lZ83JqnQ/viewform

Deadline for applications is *December 31, 2017*.

*****

Claudio penned an important update on the Network Transition process:
https://creativecommons.org/2017/12/08/network-strategy-transition-towards-new-model/

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl