[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #26

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Oct 13 13:31:16 GMT 2017

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

So there's a lot of information going round you should be paying attention
to. I'm going to summarize them here:

*1. Global Network Strategy*

Claudio sent an email 2 weeks ago to share the next steps in the transition
of the Global Network Strategy. Here are a few highlights:

   - We'll be opening new memberships for individuals and institutions who
   want to join the CC Global Network. In the coming weeks we will open a
   website and registration system for this.
   - To become a member you will need to be "vouched" by two people from a
   community “Interim Membership Council” -  a group made up of longstanding
   volunteer and community members who were part of the Network Strategy and
   the Advisory Group.
   - As members are approved, they will also be able to vouch for new
   members who apply.
   - To be a member, you must have contributed actively to the work of the
   CC movement - the vouching system is intended to allow you to show that
   contribution. Anyone can contribute to our work or get information about
   CC’s activities without becoming a member, but members have the opportunity
   to lead in the movement.