[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #22

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Sep 8 19:10:35 GMT 2017

Hello CC friends! 👋🏽

This week, I spoke to Marcel Gnauk, a new CC Community member who runs
freetousesounds.com - a collection of high quality CC Licensed sounds. Him
and I geeked out for a bit about the creative process and the joy of
sharing creative work with others freely...and of course, the anxiety of
waiting to see what others do with it.

I've spent part of the week wondering where he, and other creative types,
fit into our community and how we should engage them. I think the focus
should be on how to make CC tools and community relevant to the creative
process. I also think an emphasis on craft and quality would attract a lot
of creators to our network.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this: how can we attract creatives and
how can we create space for them to express their creativity in our network?

Eager to hear your ideas!

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl