[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #18

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Aug 11 21:12:05 GMT 2017

Hello friends! 👋🏽

This week I had a really interesting chat with Krysta McNutt from CC Canada
about the Community Development Platform
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KaqPonAvmtocxV27qqbQ7YEBBDWr-VVOodHW3f98eSU/edit?usp=sharing>.
(For context, the Community Development Platform is all about supporting
and growing the CC Global Network).

We brainstormed a couple of ideas and two things stood out that I'd like to
highlight in this email.

1. For some time and in various forums we've considered an On-boarding
handbook - a CC 101, if you will, for new members. We decided to get spend
some time and sketch out and outline of what that may look like and
you may contribute
your ideas here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vLrhDLNH6yjg2z3ViglDJ8s-yFkxI7E4OxxHgNXOXYQ/edit?usp=sharing>
.

2. There's lots of CC events/Salons being organized around the globe! We
dug up this old resource for starting your own CC Salon
<https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Salon> and thought it needed
updating based on your experiences planning and hosting meetings. Share
them with me and I'll aggregate them.

What resources and support do you need as an affiliate? Talk to me :)

Til' next Friday y'all.

Kind Regards,

Simeon Oriko

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl