[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #13

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jul 7 21:51:12 GMT 2017

Hello friends! 👋🏽

A few weeks ago I mentioned a strategy to increase participation. In
summary, it involves 2 forms of online engagement: *Platforms* and *Community
Calls*. These are going pretty well - thank you for participating!

Over the past three weeks I've been involved with many teams who are
working on CC events, meetups or Salons. This brought back offline
engagement to focus. I previously promised I'd turn my focus to getting
more affiliates to meet in person to do awesome things together.

I haven't fully figured out how to go about this but I'm learning valuable
lessons in supporting and working with various chapters to organize their
events.

I'd like to hear from you: what lessons about hosting in-person events can
you share? How would you like me to support you with this?

I look forward to receiving your responses. (Also, thank you to all the
folks to who respond to my weekly emails. I absolutely love hearing from
you!)

*****

Latin America friends, your on my schedule for outreach this week. Expect
to hear from me soon! :)

'Til next Friday y'all!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl