[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #10

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jun 16 21:13:07 GMT 2017

Hello friends! 👋🏽

Global collaboration. These two words sum up why we created Platforms.

Early in the Global Network Strategy process
<https://creativecommons.org/about/global-affiliate-network/network-strategy/>,
we conducted the Faces of the Commons research in which many of you voiced
interest and support for a way to collaborate with others across regions
and across the globe.

In the last few weeks, a lot of work has gone into making this possible
through Platforms. What impresses me the most is that the majority of this
work has been done by members of the Creative Commons Global Network. For
all those that have committed time and effort towards this, thank you.

Haven't had a chance to dive into Platforms? Consider this an invitation!
Head over to the Platforms page on the CC Wiki
<https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Platforms> to learn what Platforms
are currently being developed and how you can get involved.

*****

I'm very excited to share that CC announced the Community Activities Fund
<https://creativecommons.org/2017/06/13/community-activities-fund/> which
is aimed at providing a catalyst grant to people who are working to advance
CC's mission in their communities.

The fund operates on a rolling basis and we will be reviewing applications
in cycles of 2 weeks. Please consider applying
<https://goo.gl/forms/W79QStC5iBiuM3892> today.

*****

I spent some time this week reaching out to affiliates in the Asia Pacific
region. I also serviced requests and interacted with CC Aotearoa New
Zealand, CC Bulgaria & CC Thailand (both are in the process of rebooting
their chapters) and CC India. We got interesting requests from Kosovo and
Rwanda.

Next week I'll continue with planned outreach to African countries (very
excited about working with folks in my region!)

'Til next Friday y'all!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl