[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #9

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri May 26 15:56:09 GMT 2017

Hello friends! 👋🏽

Today's email will be short. I promise.

After the summit, many of you said you valued the face to face interactions
and that many of them yielded opportunities to collaborate.

It got me thinking - perhaps we can replicate this through Community Calls
- virtual thematic spaces that allow community members to progressively
share and collaborate on their ideas.

I ran this idea by Jennie a few weeks ago and she'll be hosting a Community
Call for all CC members involved in communications. This call will take
place on *Wednesday, May 31 at 16:30 UTC* and is open to all. You're
welcome to contribute to the agenda for the call on this Etherpad
<https://pad.creativecommons.org/p/cc-community-comms>. The call will be
hosted on Google Hangouts and you can join here
<https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/creativecommons.org/community?authuser=0>
.

Scann and I have been toying around with the idea of hosting a
cross-regional Community Call to connect the African and Latin America
communities. Details on this soon.

If you're interested in hosting a Community Call, please share your idea
with me <network at creativecommons.org> and we can plan to make it happen
soon.

Til' next Friday y'all!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl