[Latin-America] Global Network Weekly #7

Simeon Oriko simeon at creativecommons.org
Fri May 12 21:57:01 GMT 2017

Hello friends! 👋🏽

A little under 2 weeks ago, I met and had meetings with 34 out of 56
affiliates (there may have been more) on the sidelines of the CC Summit in
Toronto. I met many more people who aren't traditionally members of our
community and I extended an invitation for them to join the movement as
members.

I'm grateful for all those I met in person and I want to say thank you.

*****
The summit marked an important milestone in the history of the Network/
We're now moving on to implementing the new Global Network Strategy
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1asXFOc4tyGla76KYTVUEsWgbaxYqxOAktchaS5WD2MA/edit?usp=sharing>.
My focus is on getting you all involved in CC Platforms
<http://bit.ly/ccplatforms> - a way of organizing and coordinating
collaboration across the network.

At this stage:

Cable and few others are working on shaping an Open Education Platform
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eJkNGJYJni10Qh-jmoA4MwBZyo-HT9c-bkLOYd25gbw/edit?usp=sharing>.
Scann and others are working on an Open GLAM Platform
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19hFvtDFPZU-FHWmnXaLX5TP9eR7h_Iou-6Cc4Wl6qAM/edit?usp=sharing>
(they're
hosting a call to discuss this soon. Join here
<https://doodle.com/poll/cpvqfirfq6nmm9xz>). Tim and others are working on
a Copyright Reform platform. I've received inquiries about working on new
platforms - Jorge from CC Uruguay reached out to me about an Open Govt/Open
Data Platform.

In the next week I'll focus on getting you and other affiliates involved in
shaping these Platforms or thinking about new ones.

*****
This past week I had the privilege of connecting with and servicing
requests from CC Iceland, CC Switzerland, CC Zimbabwe (not official CC
Country Team yet but already planning CC projects), CC Norway and CC Costa
Rica.

Always happy to connect with you all service your requests (or even just to
have a virtual coffee). Any one of you are free to schedule calls with me
<http://doodle.com/simeonoriko> or email me <network at creativecommons.org>
or connect with me on Slack <https://creativecommons.slack.com>.

'Til next Friday y'all!

Simeon

Simeon Oriko
Network Manager, Creative Commons

Invest in an open future. Support Creative Commons today:
http://bit.ly/19IjSKl