[cc-community] Exclusive commercial rights for a collaborative book

Ahmet Emre Aladağ aladagemre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:29:16 GMT 2016

Hi,

I've started writing a book on Git/Gitbook. I want to licence it with
Creative Commons Non-Commercial and offer it for free to the public.

I also want to make it collaborative so that anyone can contribute. But
when they contribute, they have the copyright so they may not allow me to
use it for commercial purposes.

What if I wanted to publish the book in printed format? That would require
me to have commercial rights (so that I can make an agreement with
publisher), which I don't have for the contributions from others.

So, can I use a dual licensing so that

1) I have the exclusive rights to publish content (via commercial
publishers) including contributions from others commercially
2) Anyone else can use the content with Creative Commons Non-commercial
licence

What's the best way to describe this dual licence?

Thanks,

--
Ahmet Emre Aladağ