[cc-community] Stack Exchange practices & terms of service inconsistent with CC BY-SA 3.0?

Sam Pablo Kuper sampablokuper at riseup.net
Tue Apr 19 20:40:22 GMT 2016

User contributions to Stack Exchange websites are licensed to Stack
Exchange, Inc., under CC BY-SA 3.0.

Recently, employees of Stack Exchange, Inc., have bragged about certain
technical measures they use, and a new Terms of Service for their
websites, that are intended to interfere with certain kinds of re-use of
those user contributions.[1]

It seems to me that those measures and the new Terms of Service violate
the terms of CC BY-SA 3.0. In other words, this appears to be a mass
transgression against, or abuse of, the rights granted to Stack
Exchange, Inc., by their thousands of website users.[2]

I would be grateful to know if others share my concern, and whether
there are any Creative Commons enforcers in the way that there are GPL
enforcers?[3]

Thanks!

[1] http://meta.stackexchange.com/q/277369

[2] https://meta.stackexchange.com/a/277865